It started at this intentions meeting. A group of people sat around and gave positive energy to your goals and dreams after you stated them out loud. It was an awesome meeting and very powerful. One of my intentions was that I was teaching successful writing workshops that help people write free and help them cure writers' block. My friend called me and asked if I would be interested in doing some workshops she just got a studio where I could do them. Of course I marveled at at how quickly this goal came to fruition. I believe.
I had a workshop yesterday. I used different sensual stimulation and the participants wrote off of smelling nutmeg(me), mint and vanilla. We wrote about the tastes of summer and what seeing the image of a beautiful elder woman holding the earth in her hand, her knowing smile kind and welcoming. For this class we did four and five minute freewrites. We used word prompts that i clipped from magazines.
Sometimes our creative selves just need a non-judgmental place of expression. Freewriting helps you write without constraints.
Here are a few freewriting facts
* Freewriting is a really helpful writing activity that allows a person to write without stopping.
* Write fast, don’t let the self-censor get you, it’s that sly voice in your head that says your writing is no good and it’s all pointless. You can’t listen to that cause you can’t stop.
* Don’t start thinking how great your writing is. Stay focused.
* You don’t have to worry about mipelling or punctuation
* There is no erasing or backspacing. No stopping, no erasing.
* If you can’t think of anything to write then put down “I can’t think of anything” or “I don’t know what to write” over and over again till something else comes.
* Freewriting is a technique designed to help the writer find their style and voice through uninhibited expression.